Motivo #693,984,224,877,113,989,303,485 Perché I Miss New York: il menù estivo a Blossom su Carmine.
Come se avessi bisogno di un altro motivo per perdere la città, è il momento per tutti i meravigliosi ristoranti vegan a svelare i loro menu estivi evidenziando la splendida abbondanza di frutta e verdura di stagione. Blossom on Carmine sent me an e-mail asking me to share the details of their new summer menu. Just because I can’t be there to enjoy these dishes myself (excuse me while I wipe my tears from the keyboard), that doesn’t mean I won’t share this glorious summer menu with you. Sì, So, it’s awfully kind and generous of me, that’s true. You’re welcome. 🙂
If you plan to be in New York City this summer, be sure to visit Blossom on Carmine. Located in the West Village, Blossom on Carmine specializes in small plates and offers biodynamic wines and organic cocktails. Blossom on Carmine’s fresh organic ingredients come from local farms and small distribution companies and all of the dishes are completely animal free. At Blossom “we are first and foremost animal caring and also know an organic, vegan diet encourages a healthy lifestyle. My vision for Blossom was to create a place with outstanding food, not just for vegans, but for everyone to enjoy” said owner Ronen Seri.
Blossom on Carmine has added some dishes to its menu celebrating the arrival of the warmer months to come. Wait until you read this menu. Be sure to have a napkin ready for when the drooling starts.
For starters, Blossom on Carmine has added a wide range of salads utilizing seasonal and fresh ingredients:
– House salad – field greens, red and golden beets, walnuts, uva passa, green apples, carrot ginger dressing
– Southwestern salad – quinoa, fagioli neri, roasted sweet corn, diced bell peppers, watercress, semi di zucca, sunflower seeds, guacamole, poblano dressing
– Marinated kale salad – scallions, peperoni, creamy avocado and ginger dressing
For something a little more hearty, Blossom on Carmine offers a long list of gluten-free and healthy dishes:
– Gnocchi – roasted pumpkin and sweet potato gnocchi, kale saltati, golden beets, sage cashew cream
– Barbecue tempeh – horseradish crème fraiche, roasted russet potatoes, summer corn and avocado salad
– Risotto – shiitake, trumpet, and cremini mushrooms, sweet peas, creamy miso dijon, tapioca cheese
– Au poivre – seitan steak, peppercorn gravy, grilled asparagus, garlic french fries
– “Salmon” tofu – beet marinated tofu, creamy dill sauce, lobster mushroom scallops, forbidden black rice, finocchio, leeks, broccolini
To finish off your Blossom on Carmine experience, the restaurant added two new editions to the desserts menu:
– Peanut butter and chocolate ganache, vanilla ice cream
The Summer dishes are currently available and are offered throughout the Summer months. In addition to those summer dishes, the restaurant also offers main staples that are available throughout the year.
A few of the dishes available throughout the year include:
– fried pickles with black peppercorn ranch
– Buffalo risotto croquettes with pickled carrot ribbons, bleu cheese sauce
– pizzette margherita – grilled flatbread, plum tomato ragout, mozzarella cheese, roma tomatoes, basilico fresco
– sautéed brussels sprouts, garlic and shallots
– patatine fritte, salt and vinegar, raw garlic
– sliders – housemade seitan patty, poblano 1000 isola, fried onion, lattuga, pomodoro, pickle, served with your choice of field greens or french fries
– marsala – pan seared seitan cutlets, marsala pan sauce, white bean puree, sauteed kale
Oh. Il mio. Goodness. It all sounds so amazing. I hope that lots of you will get the chance to experience this incredible menu of seasonal deliciousness. And if anyone wants to send me a doggy bag, I wouldn’t refuse the Southwestern salad, the Au Poivre and some Tiramisu. Ooh, and fried pickles…and Buffalo risotto…and Brussels sprouts…e….
Carmine on Blossom
41 Carmine St. between Bedford and Bleecker St.
Sito web: http://blossomnyc.com/westvillage/
Gli “V” Parola: Ditelo. Mangia. Live it.